Friday, October 12, 2007

Welcome to One More Disciple


Grace & Peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus, the Christ.

Welcome, my friends, to this blog named One More Disciple©. My nickname is omd and I am simply one more disciple of the Christ, Jesus.

Through a series of circumstances there came a day in 1977 when my wife and I realized that the road we were traveling was leading to nowhere. Nothing was working. We were in financial ruin, eating popcorn for meals, evicted, vehicle repossessed, had a new son and relationship very strained. There's a saying "You can't save a drowning man if he doesn't know he's drowning."

We came to the realization that we were drowning and needed God's intervention in our lives, through Jesus. We cried out "Please save us God!", after hearing the gospel we had heard for so many years and ignored those truths that finally became evident to us. We asked for forgiveness for our sins and acknowledged Jesus for who He is. We were rescued, through Jesus, on the same day at the same time as we watched, listened & learned from a teaching on a new Christian t.v. program.

I can tell you this... What a road we have embarked on! Little did we know what dying to self and taking up the cross really meant. God has been changing our stubborn hearts one day at a time. I can't say that I/we are perfect Christians because we are not. I still find myself sinning, sometimes on purpose. I even have those sins that only God knows, and is dealing with me on a daily basis.How about you? The apostle Paul even addressed this same problem, in himself, when he wrote in Romans 7:15 ~
"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."

Ok, the purpose and intention of this blog is to present the truth of God to all those who seek, i.e. realize they are drowning, in sin, and need saving AND it's even for those who are not aware of the danger they are in, or are curious about who this Jesus is. I also want us to be able to pray for each other, remembering that we are ALL sinners who have fallen short of the glory of God.

Everyone that comes to Christ then becomes one more disciple of the Christ, Jesus.

Do You Want To Know Jesus, Today?

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to tell your friends about this blog. Let's put on our spiritual armor and stand firm together, in Christ our big brother the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

We ask Jesus' Blessing for each of you.

A fellow Christian Sojourner and One More Disciple of the Christ, Jesus

OMD

14 comments:

Bonnie Hendricks said...

Hi OMD,
Great blog! I'm anxious to see your new website up and running! If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. The world is in a spiritual mess and the time is short.
God Bless
Bonnie

OMD said...

Thank you for your vote of confidence and assistance Bonnie. Once I get the website newsletter going I would be grateful if you would be a guest writer.

omd

Mason said...

Wonderful, OMD! Very encouraging to me. Be sure to cut and paste to shoutlife. As you gather "friends" there (you can click on people's profiles and click on the "add to friends" link), they can see your blog when they are online if it's around the time you post, plus they can check out your blogs there anytime.

God's grace to you.

In His Love, Christa

Anonymous said...

OMD WOW What a Story.. God does work on giving us names doesnt he.. He already gave you your name years ago.. Amen.With the fact that true you are indeed a committed disciple of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that makes it all the better. One More Disciple amen, this week you, Bonnie putting it out there, this is what God meant we all need to step forward and I congratulate you OMD for doing so, God Bless you, RJ

OMD said...

Thank you all for stopping by with your encouraging words. Feel free to share this with your family and friends. Hopefully, soon, the website will be published.

God's grace & peace to each of you

Doug

kmfkath said...

I am so impressed! Not with just the blog but with you. I knew the story but had forgotten a lot of it. It has been a journey, hasn't it? I am so proud to say you are my brother.
Your sister,
Kathy

JoAnne said...

Boy...a great start on your new BLOG!! People need this. As you know, I would NOT be where I am today, without all the counselling I got from you, myself!!

In Christ,

JoAnne

OMD said...

JoAnne, I am glad that God saw me as a usable vessel so He could minister to you. You have come along way and I praise God for the work he is doing in your life.

OMD

OMD said...

I am proud of you too. I'm orayingthat our entire family will turn towards Jesus and ask Him to be Lord of their lives.

Your brother

Mrs. D said...

omd,

great work. beautiful testimony of His grace.

thank you for being obedient.

~grace

OMD said...

Jennifer, I thank you for your comments and visit to the blog. It is a small start and the plan is to introduce different topics.

OMD

Bonnie Hendricks said...

OMD, Your blog is AWESOME! i love it. I need to take some lessons from you! To God be the Glory, He will use you greatly!

OMD said...

As he is using you, Bonnie. Did you see that I put a link to your site on the left side?

I thank you for your encouragement to move forward on this project.

My prayer is that through this blog we will find more new disciples of Jesus... one more disciple at a time.

OMD

barbara said...

Hello OMG .. lovely blog and beautiful site. You are doing a great work with this ministry outreach.

Warmly

Bee